Saturday, August 24, 2019


                                          “Strive to Enter Thru the Narrow Door”

About 12 years ago I finally realized that I needed to get in better physical condition. So I finally got serious about exercising and eating healthier. And that has helped a lot.

I thought of that in light of this weekend’s Gospel. In response to a question about how many people will be saved, Jesus said: “Strive to enter thru the narrow door.” (Lk: 13:24)

"Fitting thru the narrow door” made me think about getting in shape spiritually. So I've thought about daily spiritual exercises can help us fit thru the narrow door.  

Here are 5 possible components of a daily spiritual exercise routine.
   
-Set aside a reasonable amount of time to pray each day.

-Be conscious everyday of the loving things you can say or do for others.

-Make a daily effort to remember the poor in some way.

-Willingly carry a cross each day. 
   
-Be grateful hourly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment