Tuesday, August 22, 2017

                              “Who Do You Say that I am?” (Mt. 16:15)
                                                        
Jesus poses this question to His disciples when He takes them to a remote place for a retreat-like conversation.  Prepare yourself for next weekend’s Gospel by answering Jesus’question: “Who do you say that I am?”

Here are some suggestions to prime the pump. 

Jesus is my safety pin that holds things together when I think they’re going to fall apart.  He is a magnet that draws me close to Him.  He is the core of my being and I am the apple of His eye.  He is the oasis I seek when I feel like I’m in a desert.

Jesus is the potter and I am the clay.  He is the vine and I am a branch.  He is my anchor that keeps me from drifting and drowning.  He is the hub around which my life revolves. He is my compass by day and my north star by night. 

Jesus is my companion on the journey.  He stays with me even when I take detours. He is my Good Shepherd who finds me when I am lost, and He puts me on His shoulders to carry me home.  He is the still point at the end of my journey.

I’d like to hear your descriptions of who Jesus is for you.  Please send them to me at: rjgramza@gmail.com    Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment