Tuesday, November 22, 2016


                                     Will Your Whole Life Pass Before Your Eyes?

I hope not.  But for the longest time, I’ve heard people say that's what  will happen when we die.  Unfortunately, the emphasis in that review of life always seems skewed to seeing the bad stuff more than the good stuff.  And that raises my anxiety.     

But listen to this. At the close of the Holy Year of Mercy last weekend, Pope Francis declared that “God has no memory of sin!” In other words, when our sins are forgiven they are also forgotten by God.  That’s the best news I’ve heard in a long time!

“God has no memory of sin”.  Pause here and just think about that…

At funerals I share an image of what happens when we die.  I imagine that we fall into God’s arms and He pulls us close to Him and He whispers in our ears.  And He tells us how much He loves us and he describes all the good things He noticed in our lives. And we will feel sooo good that God noticed those things.

If you grew up when I did, you probably think that God only noticed the bad stuff!

What are the good things that God will whisper in your ear when you see Him face to face?                                          Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment