Tuesday, August 16, 2016



                                                             An Imperfect Blessing

On Sunday I saw a good movie about Florence Foster Jenkins, an influential socialite of the 1940's.  She lived with the delusion that she was an excellent singer.  In fact her singing was about a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10….1 being awful.

But she was lovable. I was touched by the movie and her story.  In spite of her many sour notes, there were people whom she loved and who cared deeply about her too. 

Two weeks ago I heard about a book called: The Spirituality of Imperfection, by Ernest Kurtz and Katherine Ketcham.  I never thought of ‘imperfection’ as a good thing.  But now I like that idea.  The truth is that I will always be anal-retentive and stubborn and worried about something …it’s just me.  Those are some of my sour notes…part of the total package of ‘Ron’.    

I’m so grateful that God and some good friends love that total package.   

Describe the total package that you are.  What are your ‘best’ imperfections?  Who loves your gifts and your sour notes too?

No comments:

Post a Comment