Tuesday, May 29, 2018



                                                            A Relational Trinity

My friend, Javier, recently told me that “people tend to become like the ‘God’ they worship”. For example, when people believed in ‘warrior’ gods, they tended to become warriors themselves.  So, what kind of God do we worship? Our God is a ‘relational God’… Father, Son and Holy Spirit existing in a Trinity of relationships.

Think about this.  In the Genesis story, God creates human beings like Himself…relational.  Not only does God want a relationship with Adam and Eve.  He also wants Adam and Eve to have a relationship with each other and with everything else that He made. 

Take 3 minutes to remember some key moments in your life.  Would those moments be so wonderful if you had no one with whom to share them? 

Can afterlife be anything but relational as well? It was also created by our relational God.

I want to see my loved ones on the other side of life.  But I also hope to relate with people I’ve never met, but have admired for a long time. For example, I would love to meet Dorothy Day, Pope John XXIII, and Damien of Molokai.

Who would you like to meet in your afterlife?  I’d love to hear your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment