Tuesday, March 14, 2017


                                                “You Are My Beloved Son”
                                                             (Mt. 17:1-9)

                              Or God could say: “You are my beloved daughter.”

While Jesus is uniquely the Son of God and we heard God’s voice proclaim that truth in last weekend’s Transfiguration story, God can also say the same things about us.  Aren’t we also God’s sons and daughters by virtue of our baptisms?  And doesn’t God fully love us too?

Sometimes that’s hard for me to believe. I suppose that’s because I know what a jerk I can be once in a while. But God’s love is unconditional and He loves me even when I am a jerk! It doesn’t seem possible, but it’s true!

I repeat what I said in an earlier blog: God loves the whole package that we are.

Make a list of 3 or 4 things that God sees in you and loves very much. Close your eyes and imagine hearing God's voice, saying those things to you.

Are there some people that you don’t see as beloved brothers and sisters? Name a couple of people. What does God sees in them that you don’t see?

No comments:

Post a Comment