Wednesday, February 13, 2019


                                                          It is Well for My soul

I don’t listen to music much.  But recently I was humming a familiar melody and Ricardo and Antony (the priests I live with) asked me what I was humming.  They recognized the melody too.  It comforted me that neither of them could remember the words either.  

A bit later one of them said: “I think it’s called ‘The Prayer’ which Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli sing.” (Only recently have I discovered that there are U-tube renditions of these songs.)  So I went on line and found a recording of that wonderful piece.  It brought me to tears.

Are there some pieces of music that bring you to tears? What are they?

The other religious song that currently touches me is a song entitled: “It is well for my soul’.  The point of that song is that no matter what happens, God is with us.  And that’s a rendition of one of my favorite sayings: ‘We’re always in God’s hands no matter what happens, and that’s always a good place to be.’  

Take time today to listen to some religious music that touches your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment