Tuesday, November 13, 2018


                                          I Will Praise You…For I Am Wonderfully Made
                                                                       (Psalm 139:14)

How wonderfully made are you? There’s something a little unnatural for me (and probably for many of us) to describe ourselves as wonderfully made.  It sounds like we are bragging.  But God really has made us wonderfully.
 
In my morning prayer I almost always say: “Thank you Lord for loving the total package that I am.”  And that includes my sins, foibles, idiosyncrasies, etc. But it also includes the gifts that God has given me.  Can you name 5 gifts that God has given you?

The way I see it is that I am a child of God.  And just like I take after my parents in some ways, I also believe that I have some qualities that God has passed on to me too.  It’s what I call my Spiritual DNA. 

Take time today to identify your DNA markers that are God-like.  And then think about the people closest to you.  Can you see how wonderfully made and God-like they are too?

No comments:

Post a Comment