Tuesday, January 16, 2018


                                       What’s Your Favorite Name?

In last Sunday’s Gospel, Jesus changed Simon’s name to Cephas, which is translated Peter and means ‘the rock’.  Although Peter wasn’t immediately a ‘rock’, he became a rock over time. And I bet ‘rock’ became his favorite name. 

Peter had other names too. For example, He was called ‘son-in-law’ by his mother-in-law, whom Jesus healed. And since Peter brought Jesus to her home, maybe he was her ‘favorite son-in-law’!   He was also called Apostle and Disciple.

By what names are you known?

Besides being called ‘Ron’, I’m also called Father. That name was awkward for me in the beginning.  But I’ve grown into it and now I’m comfortable being ‘Father’. Are there some names you’ve grown into? 

Ok. There’s one other name I guess I should mention. Some friends call me ‘Old Fart’… but don’t tell anybody! And, yes, I’ve become that too.J

In the end, I think my favorite name is: ‘----- -- ---.’ Can you guess what that is?  If you’re right, you could win a prize.  What’s your favorite name? 

No comments:

Post a Comment